Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Bassetball" (aka: basketball)

( the title is how Bubbs says basketball)
Looking at this photo makes me realize what a big world it is that he faces.
There he is in his too big yellow shirt, marching onto the court with his head held high.
I missed out on a lot of things in my lifetime because of fear.
Fear of the unknown.
Fear of making a mistake.
Fear of not being perfect.
But looking at this, I have realized that no matter how small you are and how big the world is,
just go out with your head held high and have no fear.
And I am pretty sure that with a great big yellow #8 shirt, that we ALL could do anything we set out to do.
I am sooo proud of you Bubbs. You faced that great big court and played a great game. My Dad always said " If you come home tired, than you tried your hardest. So, come home tired."
You fell asleep before we pulled out of the parking lot.
Good game Bubbs.
Good game.

No comments: